Friday, June 18, 2010

6 month checkup

My sweet little Buddha!

WOW! I can't believe Luke is 6 months old! He is still such a happy baby that gives you full belly laughs for the smallest things. I just can't believe how easy he is to be with- he hardly ever cries or fusses and is so easy to please! He now has his lower 2 front teeth, and looks so cute when he smiles and you get to see them! He has been sitting up for a few weeks and is rolling all over the floor to get where he wants. He is starting to "creep" a little on the floor like a little worm, but he mostly just ends up pushing himself backwards. He is trying to get up to his knees, so I have a feeling it won't be too much longer before he starts crawling! Luke is starting to say "mmm... ma... mum..." but it is just babbling, not actually saying anything yet. However, it's nice to hear some new sounds.

He had his 6 month appointment on Wednesday with the dreaded shots again. He did great. I took some before pictures and then tried to get an after picture, but he stopped crying to quickly. He gave 2 big wails, then was over it. Later in the evening he was a bit upset until the ibuprofen kicked in, but that was it. No fever, very little fussing! The doctor said he looks great. He weighs 17 lbs, 7 oz (50%) and is 27 inches tall (75-80%).

The biggest new thing that we have started is feeding him food. Our doctor wants us to avoid baby food and just give him whatever we are eating- just "mash" up our food. No pureeing it. That is something I haven't heard before, but we are willing to try it. Our doctor's theory is that babies under 12 months will try anything, but become very picky after 1 year. So the idea is to get them used to our food early because it's so different in taste and texture from baby food. He says the more texture the better. So we have started with chunky apple sauce and will try green beans and oatmeal tomorrow. We have been feeding Luke rice cereal for a while, so he does great with a spoon and swallowing. I'm excited to start cooking new foods for him to try!

Here are some pictures of Luke at his 6 month doctor appointment:

Always so happy!


Are you looking at me?

Look Mom! I almost have this crawling thing down!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 months to Luke! Isn't it so much fun feeding them "real" food?

    ReplyDelete