With only 2 weeks left until my due date, I have taken the plunge and I'm trying this out! I have cleaned the house from top to bottom, washed and folded all the laundry, and finished Luke's nursery. So I guess this is one of the last things I can do to "nest" before he arrives!
Not much new is going on with Zach or I. Pretty much any free time we have has been spent doing "baby stuff". We worked together to paint the nursery and Zach built some great floating shelves for the walls and built in shelving for the closet. I think we are both getting anxious just waiting for the day to arrive when we can finally meet our little one. Zach just finished his first year working for an independent pharmacy where he is the Compounding Pharmacist. This means that he mixes and creates specialized medications for patients. He pretty much plays mad scientist in a lab all day! He occasionally even gets to make specialized creations for "patients" at the Fort Worth Zoo! We feel very fortunate that Zach could find a job that he loves so much after moving to Fort Worth. I am still in school getting my masters in nurse anesthesia and will graduate next December 2010. I started my clinical residency last August and will be mostly working in the operating room until I graduate. So far I am loving doing anesthesia, and surprisingly I am getting used to being at work by 5:30 am every day. It has been hard at times being pregnant and being in school at the same time, but everyone at the hospital has been very supportive and encouraging.
Here are some pictures of Luke's Nursery. We had fun putting it together- now all we need is a BABY! Can you tell I'm getting really impatient? :)
We painted the rectangle over his crib to frame out his name. Then we hung some paper lanterns in the corner to match the polka-dots in his bedding. I love the glider chair in the corner, it's so comfortable! There will probably be many nights that I fall asleep in it while feeding the baby.
Here's a close up of the bedding
Side view of the room. The room is a bit small- we live in a 100 year old bungalow- so we had to be creative with our use of space!
Here is a view of the floating shelves that Zach built. I love having such a handy husband! And yes, that is a T.V. in the corner... Zach insisted he needed it so he can watch football while rocking the baby!
Yea!!! Welcome to the blogging world! FINALLY!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Luke's room. You guys did a great job, it looks like it should be in a magazine!
I can't wait for little Luke to meet the world and am looking forward to meeting little Luke!! I'm deciding already that he's going to be a little tease!
Yay! I'm so glad you made a blog. Now, we will expect lots of updates here in Austin. Can't wait to see Mr. Luke! His room is super cute!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world! I am so excited to start hearing about you and your newly growing family. Luke's room looks AMAZING, you and Zach did a fantastic job. Can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pictures of baby Luke! His room is sooooo cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the brown chair in baby like room, where did you find it, I am having a baby soon and that is the perfect chair. :)
ReplyDelete