Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day

It snowed in Texas!  And I mean real snow, not the icy stuff.  Earlier this week, the weather people were forecasting 1-3 inches of snow on Thursday.  I don't think anyone actually believed any of the snow flurries would stick.  The snow wasn't supposed to start until the afternoon.  Instead, we woke up on Thursday to 2 inches already on the ground!  And the snow kept coming all through the day.  Schools started shutting down around noon and then were canceled for Friday.  Since we didn't have any place to send Luke for the day, I got a snow day too so I could stay home with him!  The final total for downtown Fort Worth, where we live, was 12.7 inches of snow.  That's an all-time record for DFW! I'm glad we were able to see snow again.  We decided against bundling Luke up and taking pictures of him in the snow- he is just a little to young for that still.  But we did send the dogs out to play!  Here are some pictures of our winter wonderland....


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Snow Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

1 comment: