Our Easter Blessing has Arrived!
On a beautiful Good Friday, we were blessed with the newest member of our family. Introducing Benjamin Cole Corbell. He was born on April 6, 2012 at 10:42 am weighing in at a hefty 8 lbs 8 oz and almost 21 inches long.
Happy Baby Ben
I was supposed to be induced Thursday, however, the hospital was full of others delivering that day (of course, it was a full moon). So I went in that night to be admitted and rest, then start the induction the next morning at five am. The induction couldn't have gone smoother. Pitocin was started at 5 am. I quickly went into active labor, however the contractions really weren't uncomfortable. ( I had been having regular contractions that were somewhat painful since 30 weeks- I just never went into active labor- that is why I was induced at 39 weeks). At 7:30, my anesthesiologist, with whom I work with, came in to say hi. She and my L/D nurse suggested I go ahead and get my epidural before they broke my water. I got it and it was the best decision ever- I never had any real pain during my labor and delivery! Things quickly progressed from there and soon it was time to deliver! I only pushed through 3 contractions and he was here! Very easy delivery. Ben's face came out very bruised, but he was ok. Probably b/c he had been trying to come for the past 10 weeks! The bruising went away after the first day.
After the delivery, I had a bit of trouble with too much bleeding. It was hard because I only got to hold Ben for a few minutes, then didn't get to see him until about 4 hours later. Zach was wonderful and took care of Ben throughout the ordeal while remaining impressively calm. I ended up receiving 4 units of blood, 2 units of plasma and was a few minutes away from getting a hysterectomy. Thankfully, no surgery was needed and everything turned out great. I was up and out of bed the next afternoon and feeling back to normal. I can't thank Zach enough for being so calm and comforting throughout the everything.
We brought Ben home on Easter Sunday and he fit right into the family. We truly feel complete now.
Day 1: Friday, April 6th
Big Boy! Notice the bruised face- poor little thing!
Luke meeting Ben for the first time
Kisses for baby brother
The whole family
Mimi with Ben
Aunt Caitlin with Ben
Momma and Ben. It felt good to finally get out of bed!
My boys. Luke loved looking at his brother, but wasn't ready to hold him yet.
Day 3: Easter Sunday
Daddy with Ben, waiting to go home!





No comments:
Post a Comment